Al-Azhar - YUMMY

I am sorry people. I just have to brag about what i ate today (well, yesterday now, but it was about 2 hours ago). I had the most delicious supper that is my go-to place at the latest hour, precisely it's open ALL THE TIME! And they serve the best maggi goreng ayam!

First off, let's start with the cheese naan and butter chicken, which turns out to be everyone's favorite today:




















The butter chicken has just enough creaminess in its really savory sauce and the cheese naan is slightly puffy and soft, with a bit of chewiness. It really holds the sauce well. I think al-azhar has done the butter chicken REALLY well today. One of the best i have tasted in Singapore since I had my first taste of butter chicken in a north indian restaurant in Buffalo, New York!

Next up, is the mee goreng. I feel that this is quite a normal indian mee goreng. The thick noodle or "mee" is stained with shocking red tomato sauce and has a slight spiciness to it. Each bite is perfectly coated with the tiny ground chicken pieces. (you probably can't really see from the above picture.)


Now, this is the STAR for me. I think this is how ALL instant MAGGI noodles should be cooked. I asked for Maggi goreng ayam. Which means that the MAGGI is mixed with fried chicken. Each bite has a slight crunch (sometimes from the crisp chicken skin that is mixed in the noodle and sometimes from the broken chicken bone that has been accidentally mixed in the noodle - but i forgive all that)
I know that this dish is probably laden with lots of MSG, aside from those that is inside the MAGGI noodle seasoning packet. But, oh don't whine, just drink lots of water afterwards. This is a should-not-miss.

And that's my cousin on the left, Hutomo (read: Cihong) and my little sister, Lily who seems to be VERY "delighted" that they are going to get their fill of GREAT food at 10:30 pm.

Information: If you're drooling right now, just looking at the pics, please know that this is probably from 1 percent of their menu. For the other 99 percent. You have to explore on your own @ 11/11A Cheong Chin Nam Road, Singapore

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

2 comments:

Deja Food said...

begitu yah

Wahono said...

Make sure that you "da pao" 1 pack of maggie mie goreng to jakarta ya!

Post a Comment