Layers of sweet heaven (Mille Crepes)



I only started to notice this cake after visiting japan and taiwan. This cake, mille crepes, is quite a popular cake in those countries. Well, they are countries that really love soft fluffy cakes and making variations of popular cakes from various countries, eg. France to suit their own taste. For example, in Japan they also love the mochi mochi texture and hence make their breads a little chewy. Taiwan, being very close in proximity to Japan, also like to adapt these tastes. I really admire their creativity and ideas in adapting to recipes.
You'll see after this page that a lot of my creations would be influenced from various countries and also some Japanese-French influence.

Back to the Mille Crepes, it literally means thousand crepes. (erm... but I will break my back before making thousand crepes). So forgive me, I will only make about 20+. But these 20+ fluffy layers, filled with luscious vanilla creme, is enough to create the melting effect in your mouth. The fragrance of high quality Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract creates additional depth.

If you'd like to enjoy this fluffy goodness, please contact me to make an order.

Price: Rp. 180,000 for a standard cake size
Optional: I can add additional crunch on top by sprinkling sugar on top and torching it before pickup for free! (GRATIS LOH)


This is what happens when you're too eager to devour the cake and cut it before it sets. The creme is still soft and melty. As you see, the top is golden with caramelized sugar. Yum...

This is taken the next day after the creme sets. torching the sugar just before eating gives it a nice contrast of warm top and cold insides. Heaven!

My dearest friend, Elfa, just pointed out to me that there is a VERY famous shop in NYC called Lady M that is famous for this cake. So if you'd like to try what it tastes like, don't forget to order from me! Please note that they are selling each cake for 75 USD!!! gasp!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment